The Student Recruitment department is your first point of contact to learn about SIIT. Whether you are a prospective student, teacher, counsellor, agency or a member of the general public, we can connect you with the people who will provide you answers to any questions you may have about our programs, admissions or student services.
If you would like someone from our recruitment team to visit your school, agency, community or trade show/career fair, we are available to share information to guide you as you make decisions about your future. We travel year round across the province, from Black Lake to White Bear. We are also available for on-campus tours.
Contact us for information about options and opportunities at SIIT. To arrange a presentation, campus tour or get more information, reach us here:
229 – 4th Ave S
Saskatoon, Sask S7K 4K3
Email: Student Recruitment
Fax: (306) 373.4977
Meet Our Team:
Arlene Sankey – Student Recruitment Officer
Leslie Sasakamoose – Student Recruitment Officer
Arleen Sankey – Student Recruitment Officer
With the proper tools and the right training you can do whatever you set your mind to....Terry Fox once quoted..."I just wish people would realize that anything's possible if you try"
- Between September '08 and June '09, we drove almost 25,000 km, speaking to various communities throughout Saskatchewan. That's the equivalent of driving from Halifax, Nova Scotia, to Vancouver, British Columbia, and back—twice!
- SIIT was the first First Nations-controlled college in Canada.
- SIIT used to be called the Saskatchewan Indian Community College (SICC) until 1985, when the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations (FSIN) renamed it by passing the "Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies Act" in a third reading at the FSIN legislative assembly.
- SIIT is a member of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC).
- SIIT is one of only two Aboriginal post-secondary Institutes in Canada that have both Aboriginal governance and provincial legislative support.