How to Apply
1 Fill out an application form
First, download, print and fill out your application form. This form is available
- Application Form (pdf)
- from any SIIT Campus or Program Site
- from the Enrolment Management Centre
2 Review your application
Carefully review the details of your application. Did you...
- Review... Admission Requirements?
- Research the admission requirements of the program you want to apply to?
- Print or write CLEARLY?
- Complete all sections of the application in detail?
- Ensure that all information is up to date and correct?
- Ensure all non-academic requirements are met?
3 Submit your application
Make sure to include the following with your application:
- Your transcript
- Any additional required documentation.
- Any changes to your name, address or telephone number.
- Any name change (provide a marriage certificate of driver's license).
Submit application with required documents via:
Enrolment Management Centre
229-4th Ave. South
Saskatoon, SK S7K 4K3
4 Find out your status
You will receive notification about your application status and, when admitted, your admission status.
Upon receipt, your application will be categorized as one of the following:
- Incomplete: High School transcripts and other required documents are not enclosed with application.
- Accepted: All required documents have been submitted and acceptance has been granted pending the outcome of an interview.
- Conditional Acceptance: Pending program offering, interview or submission of required documents.
- Rejected: The applicant is not eligible for admission due to 1) restrictions, according to the Student Policy, or 2) false documents and/or information submitted.
After processing, your admission will be categorized as one of the following:
- Regular Admission: You must be 16 years of age or older with high-school grade 12 (some programs may require specific, completed grade 12 classes for admission).
- Mature Admission: You must be 21 years of age or older with high-school grade 10, or GED 12 with a record of related work experience in the field that is applied to. You must submit an updated resume and detailed cover letter. If you wish to pursue higher education, please be advised that the criteria under SIIT mature admission may not meet the minimum entrance requirements of another institutions.
- Re-Admission: You wish to return to SIIT and have met the criteria for re-admission (see Student Policy regulations).
You will be interviewed by the Department to which you applied. This interview is mandatory and is one of the criteria for acceptance.